Del Nido: No Koné Replacement-IVORY COAST

This is a place where soccer fans from Ghana and around the world visit and interact with each other.

Del Nido: No Koné Replacement-IVORY COAST

Postby austingh on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Del Nido: No Koné Replacement
Sevilla president José María del Nido has confirmed that there will be no new strikers arriving at the Ramón Sánchez Pízjuan this August despite the fact that Arouna Koné is set to miss virtually the entire season due to injury...

The Sevilla head honcho was obviously disappointed by the injury to one of his substitute strikers, but nonetheless stated that there will be no addition to the squad.

"The pool is still full," he said to Marca.

"There are enough players to fill Koné's place, so we won't incorporate anyone.

"The staffing issue is closed because we have three 'official' forwards and some who can play in the hole.

"This is a technical decision, but one that we directors support."

As for the injury, which Koné sustained on international duty, he added, "These friendlies have little sense to them, and sometimes they cost us players for a long time, which in turn costs us money and earnings.

"We have to make a stand, but in our first meeting with the European Clubs Forum we succeeded in attaining compensation for international incidents, although it isn't yet in force."
austingh
Site Admin

Re: Del Nido: No Koné Replacement-IVORY COAST

Postby austingh on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:10 pm

The guy must be crazy. Arouna is hurt so how are they going to survive? They will be relegated soon. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
austingh
Site Admin

Postby kofi max on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Sevilla will only be strong if they acquire a new forward. I expect them to suffer this season as Barca will be everywhere. ;) ;) ;) ;)
kofi max

Postby Bote on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:14 pm

kofi max wrote:Sevilla will only be strong if they acquire a new forward. I expect them to suffer this season as Barca will be everywhere. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I don't think Barca will win anything this season. :twisted: :twisted:
Bote

Postby Fulani on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:14 pm

Bote wrote:
kofi max wrote:Sevilla will only be strong if they acquire a new forward. I expect them to suffer this season as Barca will be everywhere. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I don't think Barca will win anything this season. :twisted: :twisted:

Not when Real Madrid will be everywhere.
Fulani

---------

Return to GHANA SOCCER