Fresh start for all - Milovan

This is a place where soccer fans from Ghana and around the world visit and interact with each other.

Fresh start for all - Milovan

Postby Kwame on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:51 am

Milovan Rajevac will take his first cautious steps towards transformation of the Black Stars when he sits on the bench today for Ghana’s friendly against Tanzania in Arusha.

The Serbia has already identified the spine of his team, made up of five players, but also promises to give every Ghanaian player a chance to stake a claim in the national team as he begins his tenure as coach of the Black Stars.

Ghana’s 19-man squad announced last week for the game is without Milovan’s his favoured five - Stephen Appiah, John Mensah, Michael Essien, Sulley Muntari and John Paintsil – but clearly it is squad which includes players who would be attempting to become regular contenders for places in the team.

The coach has told that they all start on a clean slate and sees today’s game as a perfect opportunity to see other players at close hand.

“I am happy to be involved in this game. But I would take a back seat role and just watch like everyone. You know I did not select the team so it would be good to follow through the game.

“It is good for me as a coach to see them (players). Ghana has a talented team and this is one opportunity to see other players too.

“I will be able to follow their form but I don’t expect anything too great because it’s just a friendly and there might lots of changes. But I can follow their style and attitudes to help me make the best decisions,” he said to .

Equal opportunities

Myjoyonline Ghana News Photos |
For players contending for places in the team, the feel-good factor is the Serbian's decision to give equal opportunities.

“I don’t intend to build a new team or make a big change but it is a fresh beginning for all. There will be equal opportunities for all.”

Ghana’s squad for the international friendly against Tanzania is made up of the 18 year-old Germinal Beerschot midfielder, King Osei Gyan who was handed a debut call up.

Kaizer Chiefs defender Jonathan Quartey has also been handed his first senior call up.

Israel-based Derek Boateng has been called up for the first time since the 2006 World Cup while William Tierro returns to the side after a three-year absence.

Three locally-based players, Kojo Poku, Sam Ayew Yeboah and Emmanuel Ansong have replaced the Kumasi Asante Kotoko trio of striker Eric Bekoe, Jordan Opoku and Samuel Inkoom.

Most regular squad members are unavailable for the game against Tanzania.

Michael Essien, Sulley Muntari, John Mensah, Asamoah Gyan, Quincy Owusu Abeyie, Anthony Annan, Junior Agogo and John Paintsil are all out of today's game.

Despite their absence, new Milovan coach Rajevac will yet still have the opportunity to see some of the finest home based talent and experienced professionals available for the national team.

Full squad:

Goalkeepers - William Amamoo ( Etasaalat, Egypt) and Richard Kingson (unattached)

Defenders - Emmanuel Ansong (Heart of Lions, Ghana), Godfred Yeboah (Asante Kotoko, Ghana), Jonathan Quartey (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa), Issah Ahmed (Randers, Denmark), John Boye (Heart of Lions, Ghana).

Midfielders – King Osei Gyan (Germinal Beerschot, Belgium), Laryea Kingston (Hearts, Scotland), Agyeman Badu (Berekum Arsenals), Bernard Kumordzi (Panionios, Greece), Sam Ayew Yeboah (Heart of Lions, Ghana), Edmund Owusu Ansah (Heart of Lions, Ghana), Moussa Narry (Auxerre, France).

Strikers - Kojo Poku (Asante Kotoko, Ghana) Chris ****son (Gillingham, England), Derek Boateng (Beitar Jerusalem, Israel) William Tierro (Academica, Portugal).

source:GFA
Kwame

Re: Fresh start for all - Milovan

Postby Bote on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:54 am

Milovan better play our favorite all attacking form of football.
Bote

---------

Return to GHANA SOCCER