Ghana progress despite crowd trouble

This is a place where soccer fans from Ghana and around the world visit and interact with each other.

Postby Kwame on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:36 am

By Ibrahim Sannie
BBC Sport, Sekondi

Junior Agogo
Ghana's Junior Agogo got the second for the Black Stars
Ghana have scraped into the final round of the qualifying for the 2010 World and Africa Cup of Nations on goal difference.

The Black Stars progress was marred by a crowd stampede which left at least 15 people injured.

But the match kicked off and Ghana went on to thrash Lesotho 3-0 to finish top of Group 5.

A 1-0 win for Gabon over Libya in Libreville means all three teams finish on 12 points, with Ghana topping the table on goal difference.

Ghana took the lead against Lesotho through a sublime Sulley Muntari effort on 19 minutes.

The Inter Milan midfielder unleashed 20-yard drive that left Lekunutu Tseounyane helpless after being set up by striker Matthew Amoah.

Egypt-based striker Junior Agogo doubled the home side's lead four minutes later after making light work of three defenders.

Amoah had two more chances cleared off the line before finally outwitting his two markers before striking home to make it 3-0.

New coach Milovan Rajevec was delighted to make it through to the third round of qualifying.

"I'm very pleased with the performance today and I'm very happy that we've finished top of the group," he said.

"There's a lot more to be done with this team but we now have until the next phase to put things together."
Kwame

Re: Ghana progress despite crowd trouble

Postby dede on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:38 am

oseeee yeee Ghana ooo

:D
dede

Postby Bote on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:40 am

dede wrote:oseeee yeee Ghana ooo

chupa me kote kese :roll:
Bote

Postby amankwaa on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:43 am

Bote wrote:
dede wrote:oseeee yeee Ghana ooo

chupa me kote kese :roll:

ibi nkwasiasem wei una like.
:twisted:
amankwaa

Postby amankwaa on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:44 am

Ghana has made me proud.
amankwaa

Postby kofi max on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:18 am

So the crwod wanted to disrupt the game? Eii, Ghanafuo paa die. I miss Ghana though. :D
kofi max

Postby JAAYNEY on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:32 pm

kofi max wrote:So the crwod wanted to disrupt the game? Eii, Ghanafuo paa die. I miss Ghana though. :D

The boys were mean on the pitch. Muntari and the guys held the midfield. Essien would have scored but the *******s have on... :roll: :roll: :roll:
JAAYNEY

---------

Return to GHANA SOCCER