Portsmouth sign Ghanaian starlet

This is a place where soccer fans from Ghana and around the world visit and interact with each other.

Portsmouth sign Ghanaian starlet

Postby Wofa Red on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm

English side, Portsmouth have added Ghanaian youngster, Torric Jibril to their squad after the teenager impressed during trials.

Jibril, becomes new manager, Tony Adams' first signing since taking over the Pompey job from Harry Redknapp, who left Portsmouth just over a week ago handle Tottenham Hotspur.

The former Accra Hearts of Oak attacker who reportedly was on the radar of Arsenal and Spanish sides, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid now joins Pompey a three-year contract.

Jibril, 17, said: “I’m sure very soon I will be one of the best players in England.

"God willing I will live up to my potential because with all these facilities here in England I will not disappoint.

“Where I have come from we don’t have all of these. So the sky is the limit."

Jibril made his debut for the local Black Stars still involved in the qualification for the African Nations Championship.

The youngster becomes the second Ghanaian after Sulley Muntari to join the Pompey side.

Muntari, who now plays for Inter Milan in Italy joined Jose Mourinho's side from Portsmouth at the beginning of the season.

source:Ghanafa.org
Wofa Red

Re: Portsmouth sign Ghanaian starlet

Postby kakai on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:21 pm

Good for him. Now Ghana have enough players playing in England. It's a good chance for him to showcase what he has.
kakai

Postby amankwaa on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:28 pm

kakai wrote:Good for him. Now Ghana have enough players playing in England. It's a good chance for him to showcase what he has.

yeah, definitely Ghana has a good quality amount attackers playing in good leagues now. Nigeria might start envying us. :twisted:
amankwaa

Postby kakai on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:29 pm

amankwaa wrote:
kakai wrote:Good for him. Now Ghana have enough players playing in England. It's a good chance for him to showcase what he has.

yeah, definitely Ghana has a good quality amount attackers playing in good leagues now. Nigeria might start envying us. :twisted:

Nigeria might not qualify for the world cup. I can envisage that. :evil: :evil: :twisted: :lol:
kakai

Postby Naysayer on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:31 pm

Kai, this guy will probably fail to make it.
Naysayer

Postby kofi max on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:32 pm

wo maame twe wate boy. :twisted:

Naysayer wrote:Kai, this guy will probably fail to make it.
kofi max

---------

Return to GHANA SOCCER